This configuration allows you to set up email notification for forgotten passwords. If you forget password but answer the security question correctly, your password may be emailed to you. For this functionality to work, you must designate an SMTP server.
- Open the web.config file. Web.config is installed in: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Responder\Web.config.
- Browse to the <system.net> section and look for the
<system.net> <mailSettings> <smtp from="Responder Admin <firstname.lastname@example.org>"> <network defaultCredentials="true" host="126.96.36.199" password="" userName=""/> </smtp> </mailSettings> </system.net>
- Use the <smtp from> tag to designate an email address from which the emails will originate.
- If your email server requires it, type a password and username in the <network> tag.
- Save and close Web.config.