Responder allows you to temporarily connect two electrical line features via a Jumper. This functionality is not required, but to use it you will need to create the feature class, which is used to display these lines. Use the instructions below to create this feature class and assign the appropriate model names.
The Rx_Jumpers_Display class must have permissions that allow users to write data to it.
- Login to the geodatabase using the same login user entered for the geodatabase in the Data Services configuration file.
- New Implementation: Create a non-versioned feature class
with a type of Line Features. You can name this feature class anyway
you'd like. In this example, we'll call it RX_Jumpers_Display. Because
it's non-versioned, this feature class cannot be created within a
versioned data set. Create it outside of a data set or within a non-versioned
data set.IMPORTANT: The Rx_Jumpers_Display feature class must use the same coordinates system as the Electric dataset. If it does not, you will experience errors. The error may look something like this one:System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040215): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040215 at Esri.ArcGIS.Geometry.PolylineClass.Union(IGeometry other)
- New Implementation: When you are prompted to add fields,
add the following field. You may add more, but the one listed
below is necessary.
Jumper_OID: Long Integer data typeNOTE: If you are upgrading Responder, you will need to add the RXJUMPERS model name to the Responder Object Class Model Names domain. If you are implementing Responder for the first time, these model names were added previously.
- Use the ArcFM Properties Manager to assign the RXJUMPERS model name to the Rx_Jumpers_Display feature class you just created.
- Click OK to close the ArcFM Properties Manager and save changes.
- From Windows Services, reset Data Services.
You can determine how Jumpers appear on the map. This section discusses an example of how you might set up this symbology.
Creating the Jumpers Display Layer
- Add the Rx_Jumpers_Display layer to the Responder_Cached group in your map.
- Right-click Rx_Jumpers_Display and select Properties.
- Select the Symbology tab.
- Type Jumpers in the Label appearing next to the symbol in the Table of Contents field.
- Click the line symbol to modify the color and size used to display it on the map.
- Click OK to save changes in the Layer Properties.