Set Up Local Net Service Name (Oracle)
If you are using Oracle on your Responder server, you will need to set up a local name service to establish connection information between Oracle (where your geodatabase resides) and Data Services.
- Open Oracle's Net Manager (located in Configuration and Migration Tools).
- Expand Local in the tree at the left.
- Expand and select Service Naming.
- Click the plus (+) sign to add a local name.
- Follow the wizard to create a new net service name. Below
is the information you may be asked to provide.
- Net Service Name: this can be anything.
- Network Protocol: TCP/IP
- Host Name: the name of your server
- Service Name: your database instance