Create System Macro
A macro is generally used to place spatial (or symbolized) CUs along with their associated non-spatial (non-symbolized) CUs. A macro allows you to send features with multiple non-symbolized CUs to the Targets tab with one click. All symbolized CUs in a macro must have the same geometric type (line, point, polygon). When you place a macro, a line or point is placed on the map for each symbolized CU in the macro. All CUs in the macro (symbolized or non-symbolized) appear on the Design tab.
Use the ArcFM System Favorites Manager to create macros that are available to all Designer users connected to the geodatabase. System favorites using macros and CUs can also be created on this tab.
- From the Table of Contents in ArcCatalog, select a geodatabase.
- Click the Favorites icon on the ArcFM Solution toolbar, or right-click and select ArcFM Favorites.The ArcFM System Favorites Manager appears.
- Select the Compatible Units tab.The Compatible Units tab is available only if you have Designer installed and a valid Designer license activated.
- Right-click a category and select Create Macro.
- In the Create Macro window, enter a description.This description is listed on the Compatible Units tab.
- Move the Create Macro window so it is next to the ArcFM System Favorites Manager window, and then drag CUs from the ArcFM System Favorites Manager window and drop them into the Create Macro window.
- Select any of the CUs added to the Macro and edit attributes.
- Select a feature in the Snap Like Feature field.
- Click Create to add the Macro to ArcFM System Favorites
Manager display.To add a copy of your CU with the same attribute values and description, click Create again.
- Click Close to dismiss the Create Macro dialog.