ArcFM Primary Display Field Locator
The ArcFM Display Field is the value displayed with a feature listed on the Selection tab. The default ArcFM Display Field is the ObjectID, but it can be set to the text field most referenced by your utility, for example, FacilityID. The default (ObjectID) is displayed in parenthesis until changed.
An administrator may also create and configure a custom display name object that displays multiple attributes in the feature name. Custom display name objects do not affect how the Display Field locator works. It still searches only the field shown on the locator user interface.
To perform an ArcFM Display Field search:
- Select ArcFM Display Field from the Locator Tool field on the Locator Tool.
- Select a feature class in the Search field.
- Select the Show All Tables checkbox to expand your search to include all tables in your geodatabase.
- Enter a search value in the next field. The label on this
field indicates the primary display field. This attribute may vary
depending on the feature class chosen in the search field. Each feature
class may have a different primary display field.
Using the ArcFM Display Field locator, you can incorporate database-specific wildcards to locate multiple features: enter % as a wildcard when using Oracle data and * when using Access data. This lets you search for all features in the selected layer or all features that have, for instance, VLV9 in the current Display Field. If you enter only a wildcard value without the Exact Match checkbox selected, the Locator returns all features including those with NULL values. If you enter only a wildcard value with the Exact Match checkbox selected, the Locator returns all features except those with a value of NULL.
- Select the Exact Match checkbox to return only features that have the specific criteria entered. For example, with the checkbox selected FUS1 would return only FUS1. Without the checkbox selected it may return: FUS1, FUS11, FUS12, etc.
- Click Find to execute the search.
- Search results are displayed in the window below the search fields. If you want to modify how the search results are returned, click the Options button.
- Click Clear to clear the primary display field value. This does not clear the found set.