You can trace fiber line objects with or without directional tracing enabled.
In ArcFM Viewer, whether directional tracing is enabled depends on your configuration.
In ArcFM Solution, you can enable directional tracing in the Fiber User Settings window.
- Click the Fiber Trace button on the Fiber Manager toolbar .
- Choose which Fiber feature classes the flag will snap to on the map. This window lists any feature with the FIBEROBJECT model name assigned (either point or line). An administrator assigns model names and determines which features are compatible with this tool. Click OK.
- If you're not using directional tracing, click a fiber
cable to select it.
If you're using directional tracing, follow a two-point selection method to choose a cable and a direction:
- Click to place the flag on any fiber optic cable. A green dot indicates your selection.
- Click the cable on either side of the green dot to specify the trace direction.
- Use the checkboxes in the Trace Selector window to select which fiber strands should be included in the trace.
- Check Display Trace Path Report if you want to view the report in a web browser.
- Check Trace Wavelength and enter the wavelength (no letters or special characters) to search on.
- Click Trace Selected Items.
- Use the Zoom to Selected Features tool to display the entire trace path.
- If you checked Display Trace Path Report, view the Fiber Trace Report in your web browser.