ArcFM Object Query Locator
The Object Query locator allows you to determine the specific feature and object classes and their attribute fields that may be queried. It also allows users to perform searches across subtypes. For example, a user may search all subtypes of support structures to find a pole with a particular Object ID.
Feature and object classes that appear in the Search field are determined by the model name assigned. Attribute fields that appear in the grid are also dependent on a specific field model name. If the appropriate features, objects, and attributes are not visible, contact your system administrator.
- Select the ArcFM Object Query Locator from the Select Locator field on the ArcFM Solution Locator Tool.
- The feature classes available in the Search field and the visible attribute fields are determined by your administrator. See the Configuring ArcFM online help for information about configuring this tool.
- Click Find to execute the search.
- Search results are displayed in the window below the search fields. If you want to modify how the search results are returned, click the Options button.
- Click Clear to clear the primary display field value. This
will not clear the found set.
Because domains may not remain consistent across subtypes, they may not be included in the attribute grid. Fields with domains are available based on the following criteria. If an attribute field does not meet the criteria below to be available in this Object Query locator, it will NOT appear even if the appropriate field model name is assigned.
The feature/object class has:
The attribute field:
The field is:
shares domains across subtypes
does NOT share domains across subtypes
unavailable (even if the appropriate field model name is assigned)
no subtypes or only one subtype
Note: The Subtype attribute field will always be unavailable in this locator (even if the appropriate field model name is assigned). To search by subtype, use the Attribute Query locator.