Open Redline Session
The Open Redline Session task is available to users with the Redline Technician role assigned if they are using ArcFM Session Manager or the Redliner Extension with ArcFM Viewer. This task allows you to open an existing session in view-only or Redline mode and place graphics using the Graphics tab, but not features. To open a Redline session, Session Manager must be opened through ArcMap.
- In Session Manager, select a session.
- Chose the Open Redline Session task from the Available Tasks field.
- Click the green arrow to execute the task.
Session Manager opens the session in ArcFM or ArcFM Viewer. You may not add features to the session, but you may modify graphics or use the Graphics tab to place new graphics.
Redline Session vs. Edit Session
In some instances a session cannot be opened using the Open Redline Session task. In these cases (outlined below), the user receives a warning that the edits cannot be viewed in a Redline session, and Mobile opens the session using the Open Edit Session task. The Open Edit Session task may not be enabled if the user does not have the proper role assigned.
- Enterprise: Redline sessions may be used to view redline edits and graphics placed in the Mobile Graphics Layer. If a session contains edits to any feature class (including annotation) or related objects, it requires an Edit session.
- Field: Redline sessions may be used to view redline
edits and graphics or annotation placed in the Mobile Graphics Layer.
If a session contains any feature class (excluding annotation) or
related object edits, it requires an Edit session.
Note that in the field a Redline session may be used to open a session in which graphics have been added to an annotation feature class. This same session requires an Edit session on the Enterprise.