Configure Process Framework Replica - Server
Perform this configuration in the ReplicationConsole.exe.config file on the replication server.
- On the server machine, open the ArcFM Geodatabase Replication Administrator (Start menu > ArcFM Solution > ArcFM Geodatabase Replication).
- You can create a new configuration file or use the empty
file provided in the ArcFM Solution\Bin\XML directory. Regardless, this file MUST
be named ReplicationConsole.exe.config and reside at this location:
Program Files\Miner and Miner\ArcFM Solution\Bin\.
- To Create a new configuration file, right-click the ArcFM Geodatabase Replication node and select New Configuration File. Select the configuration node. The ConfigurationFile field to the right establishes the name and location of your configuration file. Browse to the location in which your configuration file should be stored (see Step 2). Name the file ReplicationConsole.exe.config and click Save.
- To Open an existing configuration file, click the Open Existing Configuration File button and browse to the ReplicationConsole.exe.config file.
- Right-click the configuration node and select New > Server. This creates a Server node and a category.
- Select the Server node and set values for the settings
to the right.
- Server Base Directory: Browse to the base directory on the server. This is the directory created in the Create Base Path step.
- Esri License: Select an Esri license from the pull-down menu. ArcFM Geodatabase Replication requires Geodatabase Update Extension, ArcGIS for Desktop Standard (formerly ArcEditor) or ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced (formerly ArcInfo).
- ArcFM Solution License: Select a ArcFM Solution license from the drop-down menu.
- ArcFM Solution Extension License: Select a ArcFM Solution extension license from the pull-down menu.
TIP: Licensing: If you select an ArcFM Viewer for ArcGIS Engine license, you must select either an ArcFM Engine Editor or Redliner extension license to run Geodatabase Replication. ArcFM and Designer licenses do not require an extension license of any type to run Geodatabase Replication.
- Right-click the category and select New > Process Framework Replica Server. You can add as many replicas as necessary to each category.
- Select the Process Framework Replica node and set values
for the settings to the right. Note that in the Database Name field
you will need to connect to the Process Framework database on the
Replica Name: Assign a name to the replica. This name must contain fewer than 50 characters and should be the same in the client and server sections.
Enabled: This setting allows you to turn off a replica if necessary. If the value is set to True, the replica will execute. Set it to False to prevent the replica from running.
Process Framework Database Settings
Database Name: Click the Browse button in this field to connect to a Process Framework database using the Process Framework login dialog. If you're configuring on the server, connect to the Enterprise Process Framework database. Type the connection information and click Login. The login user must have the necessary roles assigned to execute the Send/Receive Mobile Data task.
User: This is a read-only field that displays the user name that was used to connect to the database in the Database Name field. If you intend to disseminate the client configuration file to multiple client machines, be sure to change the user setting to the correct user for each machine.
Replica Update Settings
Update Interval: This value indicates how often (in minutes) the Send/Receive Mobile Data task is executed. A value of 0 indicates that only one update should occur and subsequent updates must be initiated manually by the user.
Number Of Retries: This value indicates the number of times to retry an attempt that has failed.
Retry Interval: This value indicates the frequency (in minutes) with which retries are performed should an attempt fail.
- When you've finished configuration, select File | Save Configuration File. You can also click the red X button in the top right corner. In this case you will be prompted to save changes.