Connect the Power Cables
HAZARD OF CABLE MOVEMENT IN SHORT CIRCUIT CONDITIONS
In systems over 35 kAIC it is mandatory to restrain the power cables:
Failure to follow these instructions can result in injury or equipment damage.
- Route the power cables through the top or bottom of the maintenance bypass cabinet.
- Connect the EGC (Equipment Grounding Conductor), input cables, bypass cables (in dual mains systems), load cables, and DC cables. Assemble the cable lugs to the busbars as shown.
- Mandatory in systems over 35 kAIC: Tie the power cables together at 250 mm (9.84 in) from the power cable terminals and at each 250 mm (9.84 in) interval. Wrap the rope around the power cables five times before tying a knot at each interval – see Restrain the Cables for guidance.
Check the fastening of the cable lugs.
CAUTIONRisk of equipment damageCheck the fastening of the cable lugs. If the cable lugs move due to pulling on cables, the bolt can become loose.Failure to follow these instructions can result in injury or equipment damage.
- Reinstall the right side panel on the maintenance bypass cabinet.
- Reposition the protection covers on the right side panel. Reuse the M6 screws.