Assign Minimum Privileges
This step is necessary only for a distributed implementation.
These steps assign the minimum set of privileges necessary for the domain user.
- From the Start menu, select Administrative Tools >
Local Security Policy. TIP: If you're using Windows 7, select Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy.
- Expand Local Policies and select User Rights Assignment.
- Perform steps 4-7 for the following policies in the window
at the right.
- Access this computer from the network.
- Deny logon locally.
- Log on as a batch job.
- Log on as a service.
- Right click a policy and select Properties.
- Click Add User or Group.
- Add your domain user (e.g., miner\mmreplica).
- Click OK on both screens to save changes and close.