ArcFM Replication Schema Change Wizard
The ArcFM Replication Schema Change Wizard allows you to efficiently update small changes to a replica's schema without requiring a full download. The wizard saves time by transferring only the changes that have been made to the schema. The ArcFM Replication Schema Change Wizard is meant for a small number of schema changes. If you have a large number of schema changes, use Geodatabase Replication.
The wizard cannot run if replication is running.
It does not support multiple sessions. Only one wizard session can be opened.
Follow the procedure below to update the replica schemas.
- Because the ArcFM Replication Schema Change Wizard runs the ArcFM Set ServerOIDs tool when it adds tables to a replica, you must disable any virus-scanning software before running this tool.
- If you use Microsoft Security Essentials, for example, follow these steps to temporarily disable real-time protection:
- Open Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Click Real-time protection in the left pane.
- Uncheck Turn on real-time protection.
- Click Save Changes.
- Open the Replication Schema Change Wizard on the Start menu: Program Files > ArcFM Solution > ArcFM Geodatabase Replication > ArcFM Replication Schema Change Wizard.
- On the Welcome page, click Next to continue.
- Select the replica you want to change. Click Next to continue.
- In the Select Change window, choose how you want to change the replica. You can select only one type of change, however the wizard returns to this window and allows you to make additional changes. Click Next to continue.
- Depending on how you chose to change the replica, different
screens appear. These windows further refine your changes. After refining
your search, click Next.IMPORTANT: Add FieldsYou will be prompted to choose the table(s) to which fields have been added in the Enterprise geodatabase. Select the checkbox next to each feature or object class that contains fields you wish to add to the schema. Click Next and proceed to step 6.
IMPORTANT: Add Feature Classes or Object ClassesThe wizard presents a list of all feature and object classes that are in the Enterprise database, but not in the replica schema. Use the Display Feature Classes and Display Object Classes checkboxes to hide or display feature and object classes in the list. Select the checkbox next to each feature or object you wish to add to the replica. Note that the tool will also set Server OIDs for feature classes it adds. Click Next and proceed to step 6.
Note that the Add Fields option adds all new fields to a table. You cannot select specific fields.
Fields may be added, but not removed or modified.
You cannot use this tool to add a GlobalID field to an existing table.
The wizard presents a list of relationships that reside in the Enterprise geodatabase, but not in the replica. Select the checkbox(es) next to the relationship(s) you wish to add. Click Next and proceed to step 6.
Relationships may be added, but not removed or modified.
Remove Feature Classes or Object Classes
The wizard presents a list of all feature and object classes in the replica schema. Use the Display Feature Classes and Display Object Classes checkboxes to hide or display feature and object classes in the list. Select the checkbox next to each feature or object you wish to remove from the replica. Click Next and proceed to step 6.
- The Confirm Changes window appears. If you want to make additional changes or modify your previous change, click Repeat. If you're ready to commit the changes to the replica, click Commit.
- The wizard displays the Progress window while updating the replica.
- When the new replica is complete, the Schema Changes Complete window appears. If you click Finish, the new replica will become available to users. If you click Cancel, the new replica is discarded.
- Re-enable real-time protection in Microsoft Security Essentials,
or re-enable your other virus-scanning software.