Prepare for Installation
Hazard of electric shock, explosion, or arc flash
Do not drill or punch holes for cables or conduits with the gland plate installed and do not drill or punch holes in close proximity to the UPS.
Failure to follow these instructions will result in death or serious injury.
- Remove the front panel.
For UPS without preinstalled power module: Install
the power module:
- Remove the screw in each side of the empty power module shelf.
- Push the power module onto the shelf.
- Reinstall the screw in each side of the shelf.
CAUTIONHeavy loadPower modules are heavy and require two persons to lift.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in injury or equipment damage.
- 20 kW power module weighs 25 kg (55 lbs).
- 50 kW power module weighs 38 kg (84 lbs).
the top cover:
- Remove the screws and tilt the front of the top cover upwards.
- Slide the top cover towards the rear to remove it. Taps in the rear of the top cover must disconnect from the slots in the rear of the UPS.
- Remove the battery cover. Disconnect the battery terminals from the front of the battery modules.
- For installation with a maintenance bypass cabinet: Remove the right side panel. The side panel will be reinstalled on the maintenance bypass cabinet.
- For installation with an adjacent modular battery cabinet: Remove the left side panel.
- Remove the rear gland plates and the rear brush plates from the UPS. These are for signal cable routing.
one of the following:
- For installation without conduits: Reinstall the brush plates.
- For installation with conduits: Drill a hole in the gland plates for conduits, install conduits, and reinstall the gland plates.
- Route the non-Class 2/non-SELV signal cables through the left rear brush/gland plate and into the UPS.
- Route the Class 2/SELV signal cables through the middle rear brush/gland plate and into the UPS.
- Route the external communication cables that connect to the controller box through the right rear brush/gland plate and through the cable channel to the front of the UPS.
- Remove the conduit box from the rear of the UPS.
- Remove the rear plate and the top or bottom gland plate from the conduit box.
- Drill/punch holes for power cables/conduits in the top or bottom gland plate. Install conduits (not provided), if applicable.
- Reinstall the top or bottom gland plate on the conduit box.
- Install the conduit box on the UPS. Note that the conduit box is installed in the reverse position.