Prepare the UPS for Top Cable Entry
hazard of electric shock, explosion, or arc flash
Do not drill or punch holes with the gland plates installed and do not drill or punch holes in close proximity to the cabinet.
Failure to follow these instructions will result in death or serious injury.
- Prepare for power cables:
- Remove the gland plate from the top of the UPS.
- Drill/punch holes for power cables or conduits/grommets in the gland plate. Install conduits/grommets (not provided), if applicable.
- Reinstall the gland plate.
- Prepare for signal cables:
- Remove the cover in front of the signal connections. Save for final installation steps.
- Remove the gland plates and brush plates from the top of the UPS.
- For installation without conduits/grommets: Reinstall the brush plates.
- For installation with conduits/grommets: Drill holes in the gland plates for conduits/grommets, install conduits/grommets, and reinstall the gland plates.
- Route the signal cables as shown to separate the Class 2/SELV cables from the non-Class 2/non-SELV cables.