Transfer a Parallel System from Normal Mode to Maintenance Bypass Mode
- On all UPS displays, select and then select .
The parallel system will transfer to static bypass mode.
- Turn the external maintenance bypass breaker Ext. MBB to
the ON (closed) position.
The load is now supplied via the external maintenance bypass breaker.
- Turn the battery breakers BB of all UPSs to the OFF (open) position.
- Turn the mains input breakers MIB and the bypass input breakers BIB of all UPSs to the OFF (open) position.
- Turn the system isolation breaker SIB to OFF (open) position.
- For the UPS with internal batteries, disconnect all batteries
on the front of the UPS.
DANGERhazard of electrical shock, explosion or arc flash
Failure to follow these instructions will result in death or serious injury.
- Wait at least 5 minutes before removing the cover of the UPS after the display has turned off to allow for the capacitors to fully discharged.
- Always measure for hazardous voltages on all terminals before working on the UPS.