Hazard of electric shock, explosion, or arc flash
Batteries can present a risk of electric shock and high short-circuit current. The following precautions must be observed when working on batteries
Failure to follow these instructions will result in death or serious injury.
risk of equipment damage
Wait until the system is ready to be powered up before installing batteries in the system. The time duration from battery installation until the UPS system is powered up must not exceed 72 hours or 3 days.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, serious injury, or equipment damage.
- Lower the front and rear leveling feet on the modular battery cabinet with a wrench until they connect with the floor. Use a bubble-leveler to check that the modular battery cabinet is level.
- Only for seismic anchoring:
- Install the seismic front anchoring bracket on the modular battery cabinet with the provided M8 bolts.
- Mount the seismic front anchoring bracket on the modular battery cabinet to the floor. Use appropriate hardware for the floor type – the hole diameter in the front anchoring bracket is ø18 mm.
- Set the battery breaker BB to the open (OFF) position.
- Push the battery modules into the slots. Fill the shelves from the bottom and upwards.
- Turn down the battery module handle and fasten the handle to the shelf with the provided screw.
- Reinstall the indicated plates and covers.
- Connect the battery terminals to the front of the battery modules.
- Reinstall the battery cover.
- Reinstall the front panel.
- Insert the two tabs in the bottom of the front panel in the modular battery cabinet at a tilted angle.
- Reconnect the front panel strap to the modular battery cabinet.
- Close the front panel and lock with the two locking knobs.