Prepare for Installation
Hazard of electric shock, explosion, or arc flash
Do not drill or punch holes for cables or conduits with the gland plate installed and do not drill or punch holes in close proximity to the UPS.
Failure to follow these instructions will result in death or serious injury.
- Disconnect the two signal cables from the display on the UPS and remove the front door.
For UPS without preinstalled power modules: Install
the power modules starting with the bottom shelf:
- Remove the screw in each side of the empty power module shelf.
- Push the power module onto the shelf.
- Reinstall the screw in each side of the shelf.
- Remove the battery cover.
- Disconnect the battery terminals from the front of any preinstalled battery modules.
For installation with a modular battery cabinet:
Remove the top plate:
- Remove the screws and tilt the front of the top plate upwards.
- Slide the top plate towards the front to remove it. Taps in the rear of the top plate must disconnect from the slots in the rear of the UPS.
- For installation with an adjacent modular battery cabinet: Remove the left side panel and the plate. Discard the plate.
- For installation with a maintenance bypass cabinet or simplified 1+1 parallel installation: Remove the right side panel. Save the right side panel.
- Remove the conduit box from the rear of the UPS.
- Remove the top or bottom gland plate from the conduit box.
- Drill/punch holes for power cables/conduits in the top or bottom gland plate. Install conduits (not provided), if applicable.
- Reinstall the top or bottom gland plate on the conduit box.
- Install the conduit box on the UPS. Note that the conduit box is installed in the reverse position.