Replace or Install a Modular Battery String
Hazard of electric shock, explosion, or arc flash
Batteries can present a risk of electric shock and high short-circuit current. The following precautions must be observed when working on batteries:
Failure to follow these instructions will result in death or serious injury.
risk of equipment damage
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death, serious injury, or equipment damage.
Risk oF load drop
Battery backup is not available from a cabinet when the battery breaker BB on the cabinet is in the open (OFF) position.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in equipment damage.
- Set the battery breaker BB to the open (OFF) position on the UPS and/or the modular battery cabinet where battery modules must be replaced or installed.
- Remove the battery cover from the UPS and/or the modular battery cabinet.
- Remove a battery module:
- Disconnect the battery terminals from the front of the battery module.
- Remove the screw from the battery module handle and turn the handle upwards.
- Pull the battery module carefully out of the slot. Always remove the complete battery string (four battery modules).
- Install a battery module:
- Push the battery module into the slot. Fill the shelves from the bottom and upwards. Always install a complete battery string (four battery modules).
- Turn down the handle on the battery module and fasten the handle to the shelf with the provided screw.
- Connect the battery terminals to the front of the battery module.
- See View the Modular Battery Status to verify correct installation of the battery modules.
- Reinstall the battery cover on the UPS and/or the modular battery cabinet.
- Set the battery breaker BB to the closed (ON) position on the UPS and/or the modular battery cabinet.
- Only for complete replacement of all battery modules in the UPS system: Select to reset all battery data (includes battery runtime aging factor, service life counters, and battery statistics).