Install the Bottom Entry Cabinet with the Easy UPS 3L
hazard of electric shock, explosion, or arc flash
Do not drill or punch holes with the gland plates installed and do not drill or punch holes in close proximity to the cabinet.
Failure to follow these instructions will result in death or serious injury.
- Place the UPS in the final location with a forklift.
- Remove the right side panel and the three rear plates from the UPS. Remove the left side panel from the bottom entry cabinet.
- Push the bottom entry cabinet into final position on the right side of the UPS.
Lower the front and rear leveling feet on the bottom entry cabinet with a wrench until
they connect with the floor. The casters must not have contact with the floor. Use
a bubble-leveler to check that the bottom entry cabinet is level.
NOTICERisk of equipment damageDo not move the cabinet after the leveling feet have been lowered.Failure to follow these instructions can result in equipment damage.
- Remove the brackets (A) from the bottom entry cabinet and discard the brackets (A). Remove the cable reliefs (B) and reinstall the cable reliefs (B) in new position.
Prepare for power and signal cables:
- Remove the middle front plate, the lower front plate, and the triangle covers from the bottom entry cabinet.
- Remove the gland plates for the signal cables and the gland plate for the power cables.
- Remove the two casters from the gland plate for the power cables.
- Drill/punch holes for cables or conduits/grommets in the gland plates. Install conduits/grommets (not provided), if applicable.
- Reinstall the gland plates. Save the triangle covers, the lower front plate, and the middle front plate for final installation.
- Remove the rear plate from the bottom entry cabinet.
- Interconnect the bottom entry cabinet and the UPS in the front and rear with screws and the provided special nuts as shown.
- Remove the front and rear transportation brackets from the bottom entry cabinet after the interconnection is complete.
- Reinstall the rear plates on the UPS and on the bottom entry cabinet. Install the side panel on the right side of the bottom entry cabinet. The side panel was removed from the left side of the bottom entry cabinet in step 2.
- Route the signal cables through the bottom entry cabinet and into the UPS. Route as shown to separate the Class 2/SELV cables from the non-Class 2/non-SELV cables.
- Route the input cables, the battery cables, the neutral cables, and the PE cables up through the right half of the bottom entry cabinet and into the UPS as shown. Use soft copper power cables.
- Route the bypass cables and the output cables up through the left half of the bottom entry cabinet and into the UPS as shown. Use soft copper power cables.
- Reinstall the triangle covers, the lower front plate, and the middle front plate on the bottom entry cabinet.
- Follow the UPS installation manual to connect the power cables.