Connect to Query Services on Startup
Typically Responder Explorer accesses Data Services when starting up. However, if all instances of Data Services are busy, Responder Explorer could time out. This configuration allows Responder Explorer to access Query Services or Data Services during startup. With this configuration enabled, Responder Explorer looks first for an available instance of Query Services. If it doesn't find one, it looks for Data Services.
This optional configuration improves performance when starting up Responder Explorer. You must have Query Services configured and running to take advantage of this enhancement.
- Open Miner.Responder.Explorer.exe.config. By default, this file is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\Responder\Client.
- Look for this section of XML:
<queryService> <queryService server="localhost" port="2063" enabled="true" /> </queryService>
- Set the server property to the name of the machine that is running Query Services. If you are running multiple instances of Query Services, you can use a comma delimited list. For example: "server1,server2,server3".
- Set the enabled property to true.
- Save and close Miner.Responder.Explorer.exe.config.