Assign Permissions to the Oracle Directory
Once you have determined which login will be used to run Responder Services (e.g., Data Services, Prediction Services, Archive Services), assign this login user Read permissions on the Oracle directory.
- Browse to the Oracle home directory on the Responder server.
- Right-click the directory and select Properties.
- Select the Security tab.
- Click Add.
- On the Select Users, Computers, or Groups screen, click Advanced.
- Click Locations.
- On the Locations screen, select the local computer name (Waldo, in the example below) and click OK.
- Click Find Now to display a list of users in the bottom screen.
- Scroll to and select the login user chosen to run Responder Services and click OK.
- Click OK in the Select Users and Groups window.
- With the new user selected, uncheck all boxes except Read.
- Click OK on the Properties window to save changes.