You can change the description of a Responder Archive Explorer report by editing the Value attribute of the report's Description property.
To change the description that appears when selecting a report in Archive Explorer:
- Open ArchiveQueriesConfig.xml. By default, this file is installed here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Miner and Miner\Responder\Server.
- Look for the following XML.
<QueryClass Key="IncidentID" Caption="Incident by ID" Category="Browser"> <Properties> <b:Property Key="Description" Value="A detailed report of the incident for an incident ID." />TIP: Making changes to any Archive Explorer report that has a QueryClass Category="Browser" will modify that same report in Responder Web.
The above XML indicates the description that is visible for the Incident by ID report. By default, each report has a description.
- Search for the appropriate report to edit the description.
Report names are found in the Caption attribute. TIP: Each report appears twice in ArchiveQueriesConfig.xml - once for the Category of Browser and once for Excel.
- Replace the Value attribute of the description with the appropriate text.
- Repeat these steps for the same report with a Category attribute of Excel.
- Save and close ArchiveQueriesConfig.xml. There is no need to edit ArchiveSchemaConfig.xml for this configuration.
- Close and reopen Responder Archive Explorer to view the updated changes.