First perform the steps shown on the Work Function Tool Overview page.
- In the Feature(s) window of the Work Function tool, highlight the CU(s) you want to modify first. You may select multiple CUs within the same feature class and assign the same Remove CU.
- Select a Remove CU or Favorite. There are four buttons
to help you easily find the appropriate CU: Find Next, Delete, Browse,
and Change Work Function.
The Find Next button performs a search. Type the first few letters of the CU in the field. Click this button to search for matching CUs. Hit the Enter key to select the found CU and add it to the window at the left.
The Change Work Function button allows you to assign a specific remove work function (such as Abandon or Retire) to the Compatible Unit. This does not modify the work function of any existing non-GIS CUs.
- You may add non-GIS CUs to the CU(s) being removed. Use the Browse button to search for non-GIS CUs. You may assign a work function in the Select Non-GIS CUs dialog. Use the Delete button to remove them. Select multiple CUs in the Features window to add a non-GIS CU to each one.
- You may also add Related Objects to the CUs. Right-click a CU (or multiple CUs in the same feature class) and select Add Related. The available objects for that CU are shown in the menu.
- If you have multiple features selected, you may right-click and access the Mass Attribute Update tool.
- Click Next to modify attributes and site condition data,
or click Finish to add the Remove CU(s) to the Design tab.NOTE: Your system may be configured to automatically remove a banked feature class when all associated subunits are removed. For example, a banked transformer feature class will be automatically assigned the "remove" work function when all its associated transformer units have been assigned the "remove" work function. This is an optional configuration accomplished by assigning the REMOVEBANK model name to a banked feature class. Ask your system administrator about this optional configuration if it is desired and not currently available.
- Select a CU to modify its attributes or site condition data. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click Next for the final screen. You may also click Finish to add the CU(s) to the Design tab.
- Click Finish to add the Remove CU(s) to the Design tab. TIP: Right-click a CU in the Feature(s) window to access the utility tool.