Upgrade allows you to add non-GIS or non-symbolized compatible units (CUs) to an existing feature. First, perform the steps shown on theWork Function Tool Overview page.
A non-symbolized CU has no shape on the map, but is associated with an object class (e.g., transformer unit, conductor unit). A non-GIS CU is not associated with a feature or object class (e.g., pole accessories such as anchor arm, cluster mount, etc).
- In the Features window, select the CUs to be upgraded. You may assign non-GIS and non-symbolized CUs to multiple CUs of the same feature class. Highlight multiple CUs in the Features window to add a non-GIS or non-symbolized CU to each one. Use the Browse button to search for CUs and the Delete button to remove them.
- You may add Related Objects to the CUs. Right-click a CU (or multiple CUs in the same feature class) and select Add Related. The available objects for that CU are shown in the menu.
- If you have multiple features selected, you may right-click and access the Mass Attribute Update tool.
- Click Next to modify feature attributes and site condition metadata.
- Select a CUs to modify its attributes or site condition data. Users can only edit multiple CUs with the same metadata editor. Metadata editors are assigned with the Object Info tab of the ArcFM Properties Manager in ArcCatalog. The Work Function Tool requires you to fill out all required fields (highlighted in red) before allowing you to click Next or Finish, or you will see an error message similar to this:
- Click Apply to save changes.
- Click Next for the final screen.
- Click Finish to add the CUs to the Design tab.TIP: Right-click a CU in the Features window to access the utility tools.