Performing initial Ethernet configuration using the webpages
The meter is factory-configured with default Ethernet settings, which you must change before connecting the meter to your network.
For meters with a display, you can configure basic Ethernet settings using the display. If you want to use Ethernet to communicate to meters without a display, you need to perform the following steps to configure basic Ethernet settings before you connect the meter to your network.
- Disconnect your computer from the network. If your computer
has wireless communications, make sure you disable the wireless network
connection as well. NOTE: After you disconnect your computer from the network, its IP address should automatically update to a default IP address of 169.254.###.### (where ### equals a number from 0 to 255) and a subnet mask of 255.255.0.0. If your computer does not automatically update after several minutes, contact your network administrator to set up a static IP address.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect the computer to one of the meter’s Ethernet ports.
- Open a web browser and enter 169.254.0.10 in the address field.
- Login to the meter webpages.
The default login credentials are:
Username Password user1 pass1 user2 pass2
- Click .
- Modify the Ethernet setup parameters with the settings
your system administrator assigned for the meter.
Parameter Description MAC Address Displays the meter’s factory-programmed MAC address. This information is read-only and cannot be changed. IP Address Acquisition Mode This controls the network protocol for your device (which the meter uses to obtain its IP address):
DHCP: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
BOOTp: Bootstrap Protocol – Static: Use the static value programmed in the IP Address setup register
Default: Use 85.16 as the first two values of the IP address, then convert the last two hexadecimal values of the MAC address to decimal and use this as the last two values of the IP address
- Example: MAC address = 00:80:67:82:B8:C8
- Default IP address = 220.127.116.11
IP Address The Internet protocol address of your device. Subnet Mask The Ethernet IP subnetwork address of your network. Default Gateway The Ethernet IP gateway address of your network.
- Click Save changes to send and save the new settings to the meter.
- Click Logout to exit the meter’s webpages.
- Re-establish the computer’s connection to your LAN (plug the computer’s Ethernet cable back to your LAN connection or re-enable wireless communications to the LAN).