Firmware upgrade using webpages
POTENTIAL FOR PRODUCT DAMAGE AND IRRECOVERABLE
Do not disrupt the auxiliary control power when the firmware upgrade is in progress.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in product being damaged and irrecoverable.
- Click .
- In the Firmware Upgrade section,
click Browse button.The Choose File Open dialog box opens.
- Select the .sedp file from the firmware release folder.
- Click Upgrade button.The pop-up message Do you want to apply the firmware upgrade now? The product will be restarted and all users will be disconnected from the application opens.
- Click Yes to apply the firmware
upgrade.NOTE: The device will check the firmware compatibility before upgrade.Depending on several factors like network speed etc., the firmware upgrade process of the meter can take about 5 minutes or more.After successful firmware upgrade, the meter can take up to 40 s to resume communication.
- After the firmware upgrade process, navigate to to check the last firmware upgrade status of your meter.
- If the error message The firmware upgrade failed.
The selected firmware is either invalid or corrupted. is
displayed during the firmware upgrade process:
- Click the Close button on the pop-up message.
- Delete the downloaded copy of the latest firmware upgrade package from the PC. Download the package from www.se.com again and retry the firmware upgrade process. If the same issue occurs, contact Schneider Electric Technical Support.
- If the firmware upgrade process is interrupted or becomes
unresponsive (more than 5 minutes have elapsed since beginning the
upgrade process and the meter has not finished the upgrade attempt):
NOTE: The PM5561 meter model running on firmware version 12.0.X or later and PM5661 / PM5761 meter models running on firmware version 14.0.X or later can be upgraded to a compatible higher firmware version. The firmware upgrade (successful or unsuccessful) is limited to 25 attempts in PM5561/ PM5661 / PM5761. Any further attempt to upgrade is blocked.
- Remove the auxiliary control power to the meter and
restore it after 10 s. If the meter powers up normally and is able
to establish Ethernet communication, retry the firmware upgrade process.If the firmware upgrade process is unsuccessful or if the meter does not power up normally or if the Ethernet communication is not established with the meter, contact Schneider Electric Technical Support.
- Remove the auxiliary control power to the meter and restore it after 10 s. If the meter powers up normally and is able to establish Ethernet communication, retry the firmware upgrade process.