Configuring the email on alarm feature using the webpages
Use the meter webpages to configure the email on alarm feature.In order to configure the feature, you need the connection information for your SMTP server, available from your network administrator.
- Login to the meter webpages.
- Based on your meter firmware version, click OR click .
- Configure one or more email addresses to send the alarm
- Click Yes to enable that email address.
- Select Email or Text from the Email/Text list.
- Type a valid email address in the Email Address field. NOTE: To receive text notifications, you must enter the email-to-text address in the correct format. Contact your mobile provider for the correct format for your mobile device.
- Configure the types of alarms you want to receive notifications
- Click Yes beside the alarm priorities that you want to receive notifications for: High, Medium and Low.
- Click Yes beside the types of alarms you want to receive notifications for: Pickup, Dropout and Diagnostic.
- Configure the SMTP server parameters.
- Click Send Test Email to validate
the email on alarm configuration.
If configured correctly, you will receive an email or text informing you that you successfully configured the email settings.
- Configure the advanced email on alarm parameters, if required.NOTE: You can click Defaults to reset the advance parameters to their default values.
Email on alarm SMTP server parameters available using the webpages
Parameter Values Description SMTP Server IP address — Enter the IP address of the SMTP server used to send the email, available from your network administrator SMTP Port Number — The port on the SMTP server that the meter the email to SMTP Server Requires Login Yes / No Click Yes if the SMTP server requires login then type in the username and password for the server
Email on alarm advanced parameters available using the webpages
Parameter Values Description Max Alarms per Email 1 – 60 The maximum number of alarms the meter accumulates before sending an email. After the meter accumulates the maximum number, it sends an email even if the max email hold time has not elapsed. Max Email Hold Time 1 – 300 The maximum time, in seconds, that the meter waits before sending an email. After the max email hold time elapses, the meter sends any accrued alarms even if there are less than the Max Alarms per Email. Server Connection Timeout 30 – 600 The maximum time, in seconds, that the meter tries to connect to the SMTP server. Email Retry Attempts 1 – 100 The number of times the meter tries to send an email if the first attempt is unsuccessful.